.

.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My little Rant

*Let me just say, that anytime a doctor/nurse/surgeon/receptionist knows that your baby has a cleft lip, they treat you (as a mom) way differently than with a "normal" pregnancy.  They are sweet and caring, very careful with the words they use, and it's like they're all waiting for me to lose it.  EVERY different doctor we've seen (because I go to the group where you basically see a new one every time) gives their explanation of how we're formed, why this happened, how common it actually is, how fixable it is.... yatta yatta yatta... all the while, intently searching my face for signs of a mental breakdown.  While I do understand that some Mom's probably still do have a hard time accepting it at this point, and providers do need to be cautious of their feelings, I've gotten to a point where it's starting to drive me crazy! When I tell you that my only real concern is that making sure I can feed him, THAT is my only real concern... like, for real.

Okay- rant over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment