.

.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Time for Baby #3?

Around February, Stewart and I had started talking about when we might start trying for baby #3.  Since Addison and Brogan were only 14 months apart (everyone thought we were crazy), we didn't want to rush into anything too soon, but Brogan was turning two in March and we didn't want too huge of a gap between kids #2 and #3.  One day Grandpa Jensen invited us to go to the temple with him.  Since we hadn't gone in awhile we felt like we probably should go.  Almost immediately after I had settled into the session I got the impression that someone was there with me.  I hoped it was the name I was going through for, but it didn't quite feel like it.  As the session went on I got the distinct impression that it was time to have our next child.  I kept trying to shake this thought- we weren't planning on trying till winter- I wanted to do a triathlon in June - I had just got my best body back, I wasn't quite ready to give it up again- this was all in my head.  The more I argued with this thought the stronger it became.  At one point in the session I couldn't stop the tears from coming, and I was overwhelmed by this spirit that was so obviously there with me, letting me know that he or she was ready and waiting to come join us.  I was so distracted through the rest of the session, and could barely remember what I was supposed to be doing.  As I met Stewart in the celestial room, I sat on the couch next to him.  He could tell that I was emotional and squeezed my hand.  I immediately broke down sobbing and whimpered, "We have to have another baby- now".  He just shook his head yes (and kind of gave me a teasing smile- like he was holding back making fun of me just a little) (which- when he re-tells this story he does tease me about that).

Someone was indeed waiting, as we found out we were pregnant the next month!  Never before have I had an experience quite like this one- such a clear, sweet nudge, telling me exactly what to do.  It was a real testimony builder to me that the veil really is thin, and that we can be prompted in huge ways sometimes!  I'm so grateful for the little guy who's coming to meet us in December.  I know he is a special little soul and will continue to test me, as a mother, to show my purest love and my ability to listen to promptings.  I just can't wait to meet you little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment