.

.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Cash's last week

Cash almost seemed to know that his time on this earth was short.  His last week was a pretty special one, and not for any huge particular reason.

  One day I got the idea to go visit Grandpa Funk.  Cash LOVED Grandpa Funk and was never scared of him like other babies were.  We spent a good couple of hours just hanging out with Grandpa.  This wasn't something we did often, but it felt right, so we did it.

Josh stopped by one day to take the kids on an adventure in the desert.  I didn't plan on him taking Cash with him, but when Cash saw Josh come into the house, he quickly found his mud boots and adventure hat (to compliment his jammie shorts and shirt) and was ready to go before anyone else!  Josh just scooped him up and took Cash too.  He said he was perfect the whole time and enjoyed everything they did together.  Cash loved Uncle Josh.  He always knew there was a good adventure in store when Josh was around!

Jaime stopped by one day (I can't remember the reason).  Again, Cash found his mud boots (and again was properly dressed in jammies) and climbed right into Jaime's arms.  when she tried to put him down he squawked, grunted a little, and pointed to Jaime's car.  She pretended to take him and he couldn't have been more content to go, so she just stole him for a few hours.  She said at her house Cash walked up behind Kinley, wrapped his arms around her and gave her the biggest hug.  Cash loved Kinley, and they were longtime buds.  I think he knew he needed to tell her goodbye.

We did a few other special things that week.  I remember feeling like a "good mom".  We didn't do much TV time or napping or cleaning.  We played a lot.  Addison dressed him up with all of the "weird" things he had in his drawers (a church vest, a tie and a coon skin cap).  He loved it.  I remember going upstairs to check on a quiet Cash (usually a sign he was into the toilet paper) and found him in Brogan's room.  The little people toys were scattered ALL OVER Brogan's room (Cash loved those toys).  I remember how calm and happy he was to make horse noises, and line up all of the cars and animals in a row.  I laid next to him on my stomach and tickled him with one of the animals.  I can almost hear his sweet laugh again.

I seemed to get extra snuggles, but our Cashie was always a good snuggler.  What I wouldn't give to scoop him up into my arms, rest his head on my shoulder, and run my fingers through his beautiful blond hair.  I so miss that little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment