.

.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Post-op Momma

Since my "epidural" was screwy, they left the little tube thingy in my back for 24 hours.  They hoped this would help reduce the risk of the horrible subdural headache.  (It did- I've only had a constant, but mild headache since labor).  It also made me have a HORRIBLE back ache.  Last night I thought I was going to die.  Seriously, I was in tears trying to stand up straight because my back hurt SO BAD! (My other "parts" hurt too of course, but the back pain was too much to take).  I took whatever they'd give me for pain as often as they'd give it to me.  And Ice packs.  Ouch.  This morning the anesthesiologist came and took out the little tube.  Even though I'm still stiff and hurting, that made such a HUGE difference.  And good news- no killer, worse than you've ever had in your life- subdural headache like they worried about.  I have had a constant headache, but I'll take it :)

I have to brag a little on Stewart.  During labor and delivery he was awesome to do all the right things, say the right things, and be just as loving and caring as he could be.  (He was still the silly, joking Stewart that I love, but he didn't ever go overboard) :)  And post-op he's been a rockstar.  Since I couldn't really get up or do much at all, he literally did EVERYTHING I needed him to.  AND he took care of Cash.  Anything he needed he lovingly got up and took care of it.  (I was seriously devoted to just being alive, and Stewart took care of both baby and I).  I don't know what I'd do without that man!  I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment